Makes 2 v.generous portions (or you can freeze it for a later date if you can't finish it all in two sittings)
What you'll need
one & a half onions finely chopped
half a pumpkin peeled, de-seeded and cut into chunks
salt and pepper
1 red chilli finely chopped
450 ml of vegetable stock
80 ml of double cream
- Fry the onions with oil in a saucepan on a low heat until they are soft but not browned.
- Add the pumpkin chunks, increase the heat, stirring occasionally so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan or burn.
- After 10 minutes or so the pumpkin should be starting to soften, add the seasoning, chilli and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is v.soft.
- Stir in the double cream and bring back to the boil.
- Ladle mixture into a blender (or use a hand blender if you've got one, I really should invest in one) and pulse until smooth.