Monday 4 March 2013

Moriarty

This is Moriarty.
Two weeks ago, whilst at work, I called Mitch on my lunch break. Almost the first thing he said was: "Guess what I've just bought! A hamster!" Apparently he'd been thinking about it for a while but had of course failed to mention it to me, because "you'd have said no!" Which is true. I'm not going to lie, I  was pretty annoyed that I hadn't been consulted. However, as soon as I got home and met our new resident I was smitten. I've never had a pet before, my sister is allergic to animal fur so pets were a no-no when I was little and at uni I was, for most of the three years, unable to look after myself let alone another living creature no matter how small. A lot of my friends had hamsters when they were younger so it sort of feels like I'm a bit late to the party. But, as the old saying goes, better late than never.
He's not your typical brown and white hamster (as you can see), his fur is more grey in colour. V.shy when when he first arrived but I think he's used to us by now - letting us feed and handle him. We got him a ball to run around the flat in - which he seems to love.
When he's awake (mornings and evenings) he darts about with impressive speed for someone so tiny - hence all the blurry pics, it's very difficult to catch him standing still. Even when he eats he sort of quivers. I am amazed at how much he can carry in his pouches, plus he looks super cute when his cheeks are full (once they were so full he couldn't fit into his little house)! It's only been two weeks but I love this little guy.

And yes, we are big fans of sherlock holmes although there's nothing evil about this Moriarty :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...