Tuesday 10 September 2013

cocktails, clapham and crochet


Woah, what a busy weekend! After a reeeeally good week I continued to ride the wave of positivity into the weekend and indulged in a very fun-filled couple of days. The rather over zealous exploits of Friday night at a friends' birthday at the ever-awesome Effra Social left me feeling a little worse for wear, but! Saturday was my sister's birthday and I wasn't about to let her down :) She, her lovely friends and I gathered in The Shoreditch to take full advantage of their 2 for a tenner cocktails and I tell you now, they were guuuud. Of all the pages of cocktails to choose from (about 30 different ones) my favourite was the Happy Buddha. At 9pm the venue opened their downstairs 'club' area and we danced the night away. Aside from the happy hour prices I also greatly enjoyed The Shoreditch's penchant for jazzy wallpaper!

I'd been looking forward to sunday, and slightly dreading it for a while. The reason why was because my parents were meeting mitch's parents for the first time. Eeeeee! We all met at the Windmill on clapham common for the pub's delicious roast. Thankfully the meet up was a total success (obvs it was always going to be and I just tend to worry my myself to bits) - we've even got another meet up planned :)


On sunday I also managed to dash out to brockwell park to carry-out some yarn bombing in aid of Meredith's SheepishBloomDrop. Flowers were the theme and we were encouraged to make them using any creative means. I found this tutorial and attempted to make a little chain of three. Not as good as the original makers' but pretty cute all the same :) Hope you all had a lovely weekend too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...