Wednesday, 9 April 2014

experiments in dressmaking - Amelia

Started before we left Brixton and finished the night before Budapest, that's about two months in the making, but here she is... the Amelia dress by GreenBeePatterns!
Overall, I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. The instructions were pretty clear but for some reason I spent aaaages trying to figure out the pockets and I still didn't get them right. (The left one is completely buggered but thankfully you can't tell from outside.)

The zip is supposed to be invisible, clearly it isn't, and it also sticks up at the top. The patterned asked for a 24 inch zip but I think I'd have been better off with a 22 inch. Not entirely sure how that happened. Annoyingly, the zip doesn't look so straight in these pics but it does when it's on a hanger... Ah well, at least it's wearable. And rather comfy actually.

It got its first wearing in Budapest and I've worn it this week too - reckon it'll see even more outings once the weather hots up.
The fabric is Anna Maria Horner - Dowry, Twill Bouquet in Navy which I got from the Village Haberdashery. I think I might have another go at the Amelia - I want to get those pockets right, damn it!   This or this might be nice, I really do not need any more floral dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...