Wednesday 25 July 2012

an award? for me?!

That's right folks!


The lovely Jesse over at well it's okay has nominated beard today gone tomorrow for the Liebster Award! Liebster is a German word which means: sweetest, kindest, dearest, pleasant, valued, cute, basically lots of really nice things and is given to up&coming blogs with less than 200 followers. Isn't that cool? What's also pretty cool is that you can follow the trail of awards back to discover lots of other awesome blogs!

The rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Each person nominated must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must answer the questions that are given to you from the person who nominated you.
3. You must then create 11 questions for the people you've nominated.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and link them in your post
5. Let the bloggers know they've been nominated.

Here are Jesse's questions to me:
1. Who is your favourite cartoon character? Probably Snowy from the Tintin comics
2. Describe your blog in one word? beardy...? 
3. Where were you born? Hammersmith, London
4. If you could have anything to eat to eat right now, what would it be? the stilton burger from Honest Burgers, I've not had one for absolutely ages and I've been seriously craving it, along with their amazing triple fried rosemary and sea salt chips.
5. What is one big thing you want to accomplish in 2012? I'd like to see me and the new venture at work grow a bit more.
6. If you could live in a past decade which would it be and why? The 60s - the music, art, fashion, the changes that took place, the hype about space exploration...
7. What are a few websites/blogs that you have to check everyday? I'm quite bad at checking things everyday so these are the current sites I regularly visit: betty magazine, kitsunetsuki, I wanna go to the beach, well it's okay, oh so lovely vintage, one sheepish girl, retronaut
8. Worst movie you've ever seen? it's got to be an adam sandler film - the waterboy is hugely crap
9. Favourite thing you've done so far this summer? because the weather's been so rubbish apart from this week it feels like summer's only just started! But I'd say comic con and Mitch's birthday at the science museum and going out for dinner after.
10. What do you usually eat for breakfast? seeing as it's summer I've been having lots of raspberries, strawberries and blueberries with yoghurt but I guess my go to breakfast is marmite on toast.
11. Briefly describe your dream house? an old farmhouse or converted barn in the countryside not far from the coast, with some land for animals to graze and to grow vegetables. I'd like a nice big kitchen and living room.


And now for 11 things about me:
1. I LOVE making lists (so you can image how fun I found this award nomination).
2. New pens and notebooks are a weakness of mine, I love buying new ones.
3. I've been dyeing my hair since I was 17 and I'm pretty sure I'll never go back to my original colour.
4. Most superstitions don't get to me apart from the magpie one, so whenever I see one magpie on it's own I have to salute it to cancel out the 'one for sorrow' bit - crazy but true.
5. My favourite fruits are mango and melon.
6. I am at my most productive before midday.
7. I like milk in my earl grey tea (much to the disapproval of some).
8. I share my name with my nan but she hates it so everyone calls her Nancy.
9. I'm not a big fan of swimming pools but I love to swim in the sea.
10. If I could have a superhero power I'd want to be able to fly (or possibly have the ability to shape shift into any animal I want...)
11. If I could have any creature, and I mean any creature, as a pet, I'd have a dragon.

Questions for my nominees:
1. If you could be any animal what would you be and why?
2. What one book do you wish you had written?
3. You're only allowed one for the rest of your life: chocolate or cheese?
4. Money is no object, where is the next place you'd like to travel to?
5. What are most looking forward to right at this moment?
6. What is your signature dish?
7. What was the last fancy dress party you went to? What did you go as?
8. What's your favourite song/band? (you can answer either or, as it's a tough one)
9. Do yo have a moto, or a favourite quote, what is it/who said it?
10. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 14 year old self?
11.Where in the world is your favourite place?


So, to conclude, I'd like to nominate:

Katie from Ever so Ethnically Confused
Kirsty from Kirsty Helen
Annie from Along the Way



6 comments:

  1. ummm triple fried rosemary and sea salt chips.....i'm coming to visit. and i'm seriously wondering how i have never seen retronaut before. i'm obsessed already. loved reading through your list and answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it's a great website. You know what the best thing is? I actually went out for that burger and chips that evening! The chips are so good :)

      Delete
  2. aw thanks for the mention lady! that burger place sounds fantastic, and i totally agree with your cartoon character choice xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no worries, i do love catching up with your blog and yes you should most definitely go to honest burgers - it's tiny and there's often a queue but it's worth the wait. Gotta love snowy X

      Delete
  3. Sooo sweet you nominated me!! :-) Esp since I've been MIA the last month or so! I'm so excited!! And I love your recent posts.. will be back to comment more in a few!

    Take care,
    xo,
    Annie
    http://alongtheway-annie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's great to see your updates and pics from your life in NYC - i love it! look forward to more :) X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...