Tuesday 29 March 2011

And Concentrate



This weekend was pretty jam packed. Continuing on from Friday's shoot (see previous post), I returned to the kitchen again for Saturday's filming. Thankfully I was assistant chef to my mum who cooked for all the actors, crew, photographer and the two make-up artists.


Saturday night saw my friends' band - Silvers - play at Mass in Brixton. A curious little venue somewhere inside a church (no windows and a dimly lit spiral staircase meant that I completely lost my bearings). It was a v.good set, out-shinning the other performers that night during which we talked about people's concentration faces. Everybody has them but the focused faces of musicians are up there on stage for everyone to see - from a good old gurn to a frankly embarrassing tongue poking out (I unfortunately fall into the latter group).

The clocks went forward - cue huuuge confusion - plus a train leaking brake fluid meant it was a later night than intended but fun all the same. Discovered that white blossom is just as beautiful (and luminous) in the moonlight.




Sunday was blissfully chilled. We went to watch Submarine which is a brilliant film - very funny (but poignant too); beautifully shot; most of all it made me want to go to the beach and set fire to things (in a good way). I highly recommend.

The real shock of the weekend was this. Not only was the beard gone but the hair had jumped ship also! Beard today - gone tomorrow indeed! "It's alright" he says, "it'll grow back." I'll keep you posted.

Lastly, just a little note about the census. Attempted to fill it in last night. The job questions saddened me the most. Only twenty odd little boxes to explain what I do?! I struggle to explain it with as many words as I like. Wonder if the computer that checks it recognises 'data monkey' as a legitimate job title and whether my descendants will think I was totally lame if they read it...

1 comment:

  1. Data Monkey!! New name i think! Did you have fun on the shoots though? sorry about the curtain thing x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...