Wednesday 29 August 2012

birdie

So this is rather exciting for me and perhaps a bit dull for you guys but I'm going to go ahead and talk about it anyway (sorry). Yesterday my first ever craft commission was published online :D It's in the members zone on The Art of Quilting site and consists of a tutorial to make this little lavender sachet.

I hope that someone will have a go at making it and that my instructions are clear! 
For me, the explanation is always the hardest part. I love making stuff but I do struggle with writing out the steps, hence why I've not attempted many tutorials on here! I really do admire crafters who can make and explain how they've created something - it's a skill I hope to improve on as whilst sewing the bird I came to realise that it would be a pretty awesome way to earn a living (craft commissions in general, not just lavender birds)!




2 comments:

  1. Aww, super cute! Congratulations on being published! :-)
    Jo x
    harryandleelee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...